Here's a list of high-demand content for October so that you know what concepts and subjects to base your work on. Remember Wirestockers: for the best results, your content should include individuals of diverse ages, ethnicities, genders, abilities, and body types. Always upload your model releases as well as property releases for recognizable locations! For all original artwork, property releases are required.
The primary themes this month to shoot for are Upcoming Holidays, Surprises and Gifts, Life with disabilities, and DIY projects.
We know it is only September, but the holiday season is approaching and it is time to start preparing.
- Decorations related to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year, and all other holidays that are traditionally celebrated where you live. So, start digging out the boxes of decorations and get creative. The market will start purchasing these photos in October so, let’s get first in line!
- Consider making illustrations to announce these upcoming holidays.
Surprises and Gifts
2020 has been bleak so, gifts and random acts of kindness are needed more than ever. Capturing these moments is a good idea this month.
- Surprised faces receiving flowers, cards, and unexpected gifts will be popular this month.
- Photos of people unwrapping gifts and opening cards taken from different angles.
- Photos of people shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts, and arranging surprises.
- Video calls, small family and friend gatherings involving these gifts and surprises.
Living with Disabilities
Many people suffer from disabilities and often they go unaccounted for. Now is the time to capture all elements of the lives of the disabled.
- Positivity. It will be a good idea to capture different styles of conversation, communication (sign language, Braille), and laughing!
- Daily life. Capturing normal every day routines of disabled people. Brushing teeth, working out, studying, shopping.
- Support systems. Capturing tools, friends, caregivers, family members and other moments depicting support for people living with disabilities.
With plenty of time spent at home, some of us are remodeling our homes, and getting creative with other new projects.
- Capture all parts of this process. Shopping for materials, preparing the materials, and making the project.
- Show us how it's done. Capture before and after photos. Step-by-step of the how-to process to possibly inspire our future projects!
- Working together. Capture people helping each other through the process; painting, moving furniture, and all of the small ways you are working together to create something.