As a photographer, it is your job to stay up to date with the latest trends. Knowing what images people are looking for the most will increase your chances of getting your content seen. This month’s trends include images featuring people working together, virtual reality, nighttime routines, and property shots. Check out the tips below to know exactly what to look for in order to get your images out there and remember, always have your model releases as well as property releases for recognizable locations and interiors! For all original artwork, property releases are required.
Focus on People
-People want to see families and friends spending time together, whether they be at home or safely in a public space.show a human side.
-People want to see all aspects of a family. Try to capture members of a family from all ages, such as grandparents with their grandkids, spending time together.
-Many people consider their friends to be like their family so try to also include images of friends hanging out in small groups at each other's homes or outdoors while safely socially distancing.
-These images can be taken in a natural environment or in a studio setting.
- There are so many places to go with this one, including residential spaces, doctors’ offices, and museums.
- Indoor spaces without people would be the ideal location for this trend.
- Many people took on DIY projects while stuck in quarantine so photos of families working together on a project in their backyards will be in high demand.
- Drone shots of residential and commercial areas will always be in demand.
- More and more people are turning to VR technology as a form of escapism as quarantine continues. Show this growing trend in your photography.
- Use shots of people using VR headsets at home, alone or enjoying it with friends and family.
- Show what you think these virtual worlds look like and what users might be experiencing.
- Let people know that virtual reality workout sessions are available as an alternative to working out in gyms, due to continuing gym closures.
- Nightlife in the busy downtown streets and more subtle residential areas are intriguing and viewers want to see what that looks like.
- Let’s be real, people are still out there partying so try to capture all these backyard and rooftop parties and celebrations of life.
- The world is a beautiful place, not only during the day, but also at night. Capture all that beauty in your photography and illustrations.
- Everyone has their own nighttime routines whether it be watching TV, reading in bed, or scrolling through Instagram. We all need new ideas or things we can add to our routine, so show that to us in your photography.