Here's a list of high-demand content for September so that you know what concepts and subjects to base your work on. Remember Wirestockers: for the best results, your content should include individuals of diverse ages, ethnicities, genders, abilities, and body types. Always upload your model releases as well as property releases for recognizable locations! For all original artwork, property releases are required.
The primary themes this month to shoot for are Breast Cancer Awareness, Travelling, Authenticity, and Upcoming Celebrations.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is the month we shed light on Breast Cancer disease and images surrounding this will be in high-demand this month.
- Shooting the honest emotions and struggles with this disease. Capturing people’s fight against Breast cancer with your photos will be a powerful theme.
- Images of patients receiving tests and undergoing exams for Breast cancer. (All genders and ages).
- Uplifting and encouraging photos which can inspire people will be a great theme to try out this month. (The Breast Cancer Awareness color is pink, experiment with this!)
- Events. Fundraisers, Relays, and Triathlons that are raising money and awareness for Breast cancer will be important editorial shots for this month.
We are beginning to get back to our normal lives, and airports are starting to fill up again. Shooting your experiences flying and travelling as the world reopens will be highly sought after this month.
- COVID-19 is still prevalent; we suggest capturing all evidence of COVID-19 in your travelling experience. (Face masks, 6 feet distancing in lines, plexiglass separators, sanitation methods, etc.)
- Tourism industries in places that have fully opened up. (World Tourism Day is coming up on September 27th).
- Notable landmarks, landscapes, monuments, cities, and towns. Remember: the ideal hour for shooting is an hour before sunrise, and an hour after sunset. Keep that in mind and prepare your shooting schedule and sleeping rhythm around this!
The body positive movement is revolutionizing the world, and images that support that are very on-trend in stock photography now.
- Older people. International Older Persons Day is coming up on October 1st, so, be prepared and shoot the photos of your grandparents and other elderly people you know in ways that display their humanity, authenticity, and self-acceptance.
- Think: all body sizes, all ages, all skin types, all diseases, and disabilities.
- People proud of their unconventional appearances. People in all walks of life embracing themselves and their bodies. Capturing this “self-love” in your images will be perfect in selling your images.
We have some holidays and celebrations coming up. If you prepare and shoot for one or many of these days, your images will have a higher chance of selling this month.
These holidays are: Yom Kippur (Israel), Chuseok (South Korea), Mid-Autumn Festival (China), International Coffee Day, International Day of Older Persons, Teacher’s Day, World Smile Day, World Mental Health Day, World Food Day, World Tourism Day, World Heart Day, Global Handwashing Day, International Day of Non-Violence, and World Habitat Day. Consider making illustrations to announce these holidays. Get creative!